Thursday, July 1, 2010

Chart toppers?

This post will certainly describe my weirdo-ness in detail, which is great since I'm my only follower anyway.

So, recently I log into Facebook and there it is yet again: (Status update "x"): "Listen to my song, let's get it to number 1 on....blah, blah!" Perfect example of the kind of thing that makes me cringe....

First of all, if a bunch of people listen to a song that is on a WEBSITE'S chart (having nothing to do with any resume-building whatsoever) will likely get your song up the "charts", right? Right. Does that do anything for you? No. Is that something you'll put in your press pack as an accomplishment? I hope not.

I probably sound like a bitter, singer-songwriter that is totally bummed that my song wasn't listened to by more than just the fam, and some friends - I assure you, that is not the case, nor is this a judgment on anyone else's music OR any kind of comparison of same - AT ALL. I feel great about my music - period, I don't believe comparison is constructive or valid - I think it's a waste of time. I have too much shit to think about and don't have time to think about what anyone else is doing, might be doing, might be playing that sounds very similar to my song......

Whatever I sound like, whether it be bitter, jaded, whatever - what I feel is embarrassment for the chart toppers, and chart topping invitations - drives me bananas!!! Am I presumptious for thinking that everybody does this for the love of it? - Hell yes I am!!!....peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment